Friday, December 7, 2012

A Night in India: Emily and Merianne


Emily and Merianne hosted in December, giving us an exotic Night in India.
The decor was beautiful and I loved all the candles and the bright pops of color.

THE DECOR.
Such a clever detail to have a bindi for each guest to wear.  I love it!

Love the blue ceiling.

Loved the mood lighting.  So warm and glowing.

THE APPETIZERS.

 Delicious appetizers, Paneer Pakora and Vegetable Samosas with fresh chutneys.

Green Chutney--mint and cilantro.


Refreshing Mint Juleps.

 
THE DINNER GUESTS.
Kastell, Gentri, Emily, and Tamara
 Kim, Elizabeth A., and Niki
  Olivia (Update: She just had her baby! Congratulations!), her mother in law, Natalie, and Rachel
Merianne, Emily, and Elizabeth M.


THE DINNER.
Dinner was delicious!  Every single bite.  I was so impressed.

Recipes to follow.
 Pretty placecards.
 Floating candles.

Soup course.
Indian Summer Stew--Butternut squash, coconut and lentil stew.

Main course.
Chicken Tikka Masala with rice, Saag Paneer, fresh Naan, and Potato and Cauliflower Curry.

Dessert course.
Mango and Cardamom Cupcakes with Mango Cardamom Buttercream and Ice Cream with Mango Curd topping.

I told Merianne that I've eaten a LOT of gourmet cupcakes in my day and I'm declaring this mango cupcake my favorite ever!!! Unbelievably perfect in every way.
Also, I love the red dishes and the cupcake's wrapping and the cobalt blue chargers. Enchanting.


 THE FAVORS.
Hand ground spices!  I've already used mine.  What a wonderful gift.  They smell so amazing!

THE GROUP.

What a totally fabulous night!
Thank you so much to Merianne and Emily!
We enjoyed every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment