Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lemons and Limes {Mali and Hillary}

Last night we enjoyed another meeting of the DC Gourmet Club.  Yay!
It was amazing, of course.  Mali and Hillary did an AWESOME job!
Their theme was Lemons and Limes and everything was gorgeous and the food was sooooo good.
I can't wait to try some (actually, all) of these recipes!

guests...



decor...
 so in love with black and white stripes!
 hydrangeas



 The menu.  Whenever I see lime or lemon on a menu, I'm pretty sure I'll love it and this was a whole menu of these flavors!  Dreamy!

grilled flat bread with Indian curried lemon tamarind yogurt dipping sauce  (I wanted to just drink that sauce--amazing!)

  crostini with grilled shrimp salsa  (so fresh!)

 Thai coconut soup (I could have eaten just that and been totally happy!)

I was so busy enjoying my food I forgot to get a photo of the Thai lime steak salad, but this photo I found looks very similar.  Delicious!  This was a dish I'd never had before but would love to eat again.
via dukanitout





 While I'm at it, let me mention the irresistible beverage they also served, which I also failed to photograph (man, I was off my game!), but which was very similar to this Brazillian lemonade.  Absolutely delish!

via my recipes
 grilled cilantro lime chicken with pickled avocado salsa (SOOOOO moist and flavorful!)

lemon vanilla bean panna cotta with raspberry coulis (genius! looooove this!)

the masters of the kitchen, Mali and Hillary...

the cute favors--Lemonhead candies--very clever!  I already put mine to good use.  :)

a group shot, minus Emily who left before I could get her picture!
Thanks again ladies for another enchanting evening!!!
:)

PS--If any of you other members would like to write the post next time, let me know!  I'm happy to do the photos but maybe you'd like to hear from someone else next time?  Whatever, just if you're interested! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment